Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

  1. #11
    Inactive Member bishop4uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2003
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    i can't stand bonds and i hope he does go to prison
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/Rinker270/cat2.gif[/img]

    [img]http://www.ukathletics.com/image_lib/mbb_team_200708.jpg[/img]




  2. #12
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    as do i
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    Hows that?...The correct wording might should be : 95% of the players that played MLB between the years of 1984-2004 are black eyes to professional sports...Just because Bonds never played "kissey-a$$" with the media is no reason to hate him.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #14
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    Good point suprbeast....if he's convicted, you have to look at MLB from 1980-present as being the "steroid" era.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    Another thing is this:...MLB's list of banned substances during the time in question didn't have many of the supplements and other things that these players may have taken...so it wan't "cheating"..it was available to all. Also, these supplements deemed "designer steriods" and HGH were legal to use as well...and to my knowledge, most weren't illegal to possess. So, really, who is to blame..the players or the folks that turned the other way?
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    I dont think anyone is to blame really. I personally liked the game with steroids involved, you saw stuff you had never seen before and may never see again unfortunately. Watching Bonds play ball has been a great enjoyment as long as I can remember. Im not sure what will happen, but I think he deserves to be treated fairly for once. The government would have never taken 4 years to investigate Benito Santiago or Bobby Estelaia for something like perjury. Im sure it cost alot of tax payer money. If convicted, I would really hope that he doesnt get more than 4 months because Victor Conte got exactly that, 4 months. You cant tell me that telling a half ass lie is worse than manufacturing the whole operation. Even if I wasnt a huge Bonds fan, I'd be cheering for him anyway because I think the American government is about as crooked as it gets. Roger Cossack was even surprised that there was an indictment and Bluewahoo likey knew about the indictment before Bonds and his attorney. I think thats pretty dirty really. Its a shame we are all going to have to watch sportscenter and hear about this ish for the next year and its a shame that we have had to deal with it as long as we had. I think if the guy had just been nice to people his whole career and signed everyones autographs and kissed a few more asses, this wouldnt be happening. It really is crazy the way the world works.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    What I dont understand is, if they had all this evidence for so long, why wait until now to drop the indictment down?





    FWIW...he wont serve any time, IMO.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I dont understand is, if they had all this evidence for so long, why wait until now to drop the indictment down?





    FWIW...he wont serve any time, IMO. </div></div>
    i think its two fold.......first they were trying to get him on tax evasion also.....plus they just wrapped up with two others involved in the balco thing.....so im assuming that played a role as well
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    I wonder how a San Francisco jury would handle this case as well. As much as it may pain some to believe....he has a small to medium fanbase out there as well. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: bonds indicted on pergury charges.............

    They'll try to get Bonds on anything they can..and in your post the proof can be seen. So, Bonds lies to a grand jury supposedly..Palmiero, McGwire and a host of others lied to Congress. Which is worse?...If they prosecute Bonds they should prosecute all the rest. If they don't have the backbone for that, they need to let Bonds be.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •